1200g Pastry Flour
20g Salt/Sugar (Optional)
80g Butter (Unsalted)
650g Cold Water (variable)
650g Butter Sheet (Unsalted)
- Add Salt/Sugar to Flour.
- Place Flour and group 1 butter in mixing bowl and mix lightly to a slight crumb with a hook attachment.
- Add Water and mix until a light dough has formed.
- Roll out dough into a flat even square.
- place Butter Sheet square in a diamond shape on the dough and fold all four corners of dough to the center to fully cover butter like a parcel.
- let rest for 5 mins then roll out in one direction.
- fold both ends towards the center and the fold over again to mimic a book.
- leave to rest in chiller for 5mins.
- roll out pastry in opposite direction of fold.
- complete another book turn and repeat steps 8 and 9 again till a full 3 book turns are achieved.
- rest in fridge for 10 minutes then use as per required.