- Take pre layered puff pastry out of chiller after following our recipe for French style puff pastry and roll out till about 3mm thick (try to make it a nice rectangular shape)
- Combine Group 2 eggs and salt in a cup.
- Take a handful of Sausage filling and spread evenly along the longest part of your puff pastry making sure there is a nice amount of filling.
- roll up the end of the puff pastry from the side which has sausage filling on it, using the Group 2 egg mixture and a small brush coat the seal of your wrapped up roll of sausage.
- Cut along the length of the pastry freeing the rolled sausage meat from the rest of the pastry repeat until all pastry or meat is used.
- cut off one end of you long roll of sausage meat wrapped in pastry so you have a clean end, the using your fingers as a guide cut length-ways even pieces to form your sausage rolls.
- place sausage rolls on a covered baking tray, cut/decorate as per desired and coat with Group 2 egg mixture with a brush.
- Place in oven at 200 degrees and bake for 20-25 mins or until a nice golden crust has begun to form on your pastry.
- Leave to cool slightly and serve as desired.