25g Olive oil
- Combine Group 1 flour and salt. Set 250g of the flour/salt mixture aside.
- Combine group 2 excl. 3g of yeast and add to the remaining flour/salt and mix to form a very sloppy like dough, cover and leave for 5-7 hours.
- add the set aside 250g of flour mixture and 3 g of yeast to the now collapsed sponge dough and mix to form a very soft dough, turn out on bench and knead for 10 minutes.’
- Cover and ferment for 1.5 hours, divide into three equal sized pieces (about 340g each) let rest for 5-10 mins before rolling out into thick dough logs, place on a stick tray, flat tray or a pleated and floured towel, cover and proof for about 1 hour.
- decorate as desired with cuts and place in oven at 230 degrees for 20 mins steamed. decrease temp to 200 degrees, pull out damper valve and bake for a further 5-10mins.
- allow to cool before serving.