200g Rye Flour
20g Caraway Seeds
200g Kibble Rye
100g Rye Flour
90g Molasses/ treacle
1tsp Crushed Walnuts
- Combine group 1 ingredients, mix well to form a very liquid dough. Cover with wrap and leave for a minimum of 6 hours or up to 3 days. In a bucket add kibble rye grain and sultanas, coat with water and lightly mix so all grain is separated, cover and leave for at-least 6 hours.
- once sponge has sat for 6 hours combine with water/kibble mixture and yeast of group 3 and mix well.
- Add rest of Group 3 Ingredients excl. Butter and mix till a dough forms, add butter. adjust dough consistency with water if required.
- mix till dough forms, will be slightly sticky due to rye flour but continue to mix till it clears the sides of the bowl. place on floured bench and knead until smooth.
- place dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover and ferment for 1 hour, knock back and let rest for a further 10 mins.
- Divide into 2-3 loaves and mold to desired shape, place on trays, cover and prove to doubled in size.
- decorate top with slashes and/or desired seeds/flour. bake in oven for 30 mins at 190 degrees, open damper valve and bake for a further 5-10 mins.