200g Potatoes or Kumara
2g Yeast (or 100g of Yeast starter dough)
50g Honey Syrup
25g Honey Syrup
- In a pot place your peeled potatoes/ Kumara and water, put on boil till softened. reweigh and top up with water to make 400g.
- Mash potatoes/ Kumara and once cooled place in mixer with honey, flour and yeast/ starter. mix with a dough hook till a wet dough forms, place in a a bowl and cover with a damp cloth.
- leave for a minimum of 32 hours or up to 5 days if starter/ yeast is not used.
- Add all of group 2 minus butter to group 1 and mix to form a soft dough adjusting water as needed.
- once dough has just formed add butterwork until dough is fully formed, place in greased high top tins (cake tins are perfect for this)
- prove till twice its size and bake in steamed oven at 220 degrees for 20 mins, decrease oven temp to 200 degrees open damper valve and bake for a further 10 mins.