6 Egg Yolks
120g Castor Sugar
10g Corn Flour
20g Vanilla Extract
- Place Egg Yolks and 1/3 of sugar into a mixing bowl, whisk on high until they form ribbons like lightly whisked cream.
- Stir in flour and Corn flour and mix well.
- Combine milk, vanilla essence and remaining sugar in a saucepan and gently bring to a boil.
- when lightly bubbling place 1/3 of mixture into egg/flour mix constantly stirring to a nice consistency, return all mixture to saucepan.
- Heat gently on a low heat whisking continually, the more you whisk the nicer the consistency of the finished product.
- once thickened to a nice even constancy take off heat and leave to cool before use (if for a filling/ topping) dust with icing sugar to prevent skinning.