200g Unsalted Butter
20g Vanilla Extract
40g Baking Powder
90g Lukewarm Milk
400g Coarsely Grated Apples
170g Chopped Walnuts or Pecans
Icing Sugar to decorate
- Grease a 26cm round cake tin and line with baking paper.
- In a mixer beat butter, sugar and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Add eggs slowly until fully incorporated.
- On a slow speed add flour and cinnamon until just combined, then add milk and continue mixing slowly until a batter forms.
- In a separate bowl combine the coarsely grated apple, Walnuts and sultanas and stir till you get a even consistency of apple, sultanas and walnuts.
- Spoon half of cake mixture into lined cake tin and even out. take half of the apple mixture and layer over the half filled cake tin.
- Place other half of cake mixture into cake tin and even top off, lastly place the rest of the apple mixture on the top of the cake evenly spreading across the top.
- Bake in oven at 160 degrees for approx. 100mins , skewer cake and if skewer comes out clean the cake will be baked thoroughly.
- Once cooled coat with Icing sugar and serve with whipped cream.